Here is my Fantasy Football 11. All players I have worked with, managed or coached. All great players and people with most still playing a big part in the game.
- Ian walker: Spurs, Leicester and England. Walks and I as the management team saved Bishops Stortford from impending relegation in 2011. The club was subsequently put into the Conference North which caused all sorts of problems with player recruitment on the tiny £2300 budget per week. Great football man through and through now coaching in China.
- Paul Bignot: Part of the Newport Conference winning side in 2010 of which I was Asst Manager. True defender much better in his half than the opponents never seen any wingers get the better of him.
- Aiden Palmer: began his career as a league player with Orient and currently at Ebbsfleet. Always well regarded by the other players and equally comfortable going forward and defending.
- Jamie Collins: most recently captained Sutton in their epic FA Cup tie with Arsenal, tasted league football with Aldershot and enjoyed a great career in Conference football. Mr Reliable always an 8/10 at least.
- Gary warren: tough central defender currently playing in the Scottish Premier League with Inverness Caley. Captain of the championship winning Newport side.
- Harlee Dean: Another no nonsense central defender playing for Brentford in the Championship. Came to Stortford from Southampton on loan until he had become just too good!
- Charlie Henry: winger part of the car pool to Newport with Jamie Collins ( always my car!) Fantastic winger who always chipped in with a few goals. In a big move from Newport to Luton town before enjoying league experience at Aldershot.
- Danny Rose: currently at Portsmouth. Started career at Manchester Utd and a very gifted football player. Big part in Newport promotion side and great free kick specialist.
- Dwight Gayle: I suggested the signing of Dwight for Bishop Stortford in 2011. Had just signed for Dagenham and came on loan for the season. Had made his name the previous season scoring lots of goals at Stansted. There was a lot of pressure at the time as we had to commit to a full season with him and cover his £200 per week wages! Thankfully it turned out ok!
- Dean Holdsworth: Dean and I met in 2007 and took Redbridge to the Ryman 1 playoff final in out first season together. Two seasons later we won the Conference South with Newport. Even as a manger was still the best player in training.
- Michael Bakare: absolute lightning pace was languishing as a left back before I decide to move him further forward. Quickly moved on as his forward play and goal scoring was noticed. Currently at Wrexham after spells at Chelmsford and league football with Macclesfield.
And that’s it….