Blair took advantage of his half term holiday in London to have a coaching session with his favourite Uncle on Saturday 11th February. Despite the cold cold weather we did a general technical and skills session working on:
- Moving the ball on 1st touch with either foot into space
- Developing disguise before your first touch
We then looked at several turning techniques and how to deal with the ball under pressure
- Outside and inside cut
- Stop turn
- Drag back turn
- Cruyff Turn
We the looked at professing this by building in some progressions by ending with a shot at goal.
The next part of the session we developed 1v1 skills looking at
- Dropping the shoulder
- Step over
- Again we combined these with some turns to do some combination moves finishing with a shot at goal.
Finally we looked at shooting opportunities when 1v1 with the goalkeeper focussing on these 4 techniques with both feet.
- shooting across goal keeper low to far post
- beating goalkeeper at near post
- cutting inside onto opposite foot for shot at goal
- waiting for the goalkeeper to go down before dinking it over
This involved technical mastery and accuracy of shot.
Fun Cool Down: Cross bar challenge.
Session Length 75 minutes